MEDIUM TRANSFORMER BUSHING GUARD (BC-15002)
Transformers are easily the most common perch point for wildlife. Transformer bushing guards protect endangered species, birds, squirrels, raccoons, snakes, feral cats and other wildlife from contact with energized risk points. The contact risk points on a bushing are typically from a phase to ground contact.
Better by Design
- Based on the 100 years of collective knowledge of the Reliaguard linemen who specialize in wildlife mitigation, designs consider all risk points. A team of CAD designers support our linemen to incorporate features unique to only Reliaguard Bushing Guards.
- Bushing guards are manufactured with a superior latch closure design to ensure the bushing guards stay where they are installed. The latch closure design provides an optimal method of ensuring covers can’t be inadvertently dislodged.
- All Reliaguard products are made from Reliatanium, a proprietary material designed by Reliaguard’s chemical engineering founders.
- Reliatanium achieves a V-0 flammability classification, the highest rating for the UL 94 test standard and has a 15+ year lifespan.
Ease of installation
Power linemen like our products because:
- Reliaguard® Bushing Guards are designed to stay in place. Retention of the cover once applied is a critical design feature to be considered.
- Manufactured with a superior closure design to ensure the bushing covers stay where they are installed
- Product features an interior shelf to ensure cover does not slip below the first skirt of an insulator which eliminates tracking
Fits the following equipment manufacturers’ products:
- Most overhead transformer bushings
Designed to prevent wildlife caused outages, these guards are tested for application on equipment up to 38kV.
|Product Name||Part Number||Height Dimension*||Diameter Dimension*||Additional Dimension*||Min Order Quantity|
|Bushing Cover -Medium||BC-15002||10.4 (264.2)||4.4 (111.8)||1.26 (32)base port||24|
*Dimensions in inches (millimeters)