FUSED DISCONNECT SWITCH GUARD (CO-10005)
Cut-out switches are often configured in close proximity to each other and may result in phase to phase or phase to ground contacts by wildlife. Contact with cut-outs are a common cause of power outages. Fused Disconnect Switch Guards protect endangered species, birds, squirrels, raccoons, snakes, and other wildlife from contact with energized risk points.
Better by Design
- Based on the 100 years of collective knowledge of the Reliaguard linemen who specialize in wildlife mitigation, designs consider all risk points. A team of CAD designers support linemen to incorporate features unique to Reliaguard Switch Guards.
- Switch guards are designed to accommodate various conductor diameters providing superior coverage of the energized connection point and to ensure the Switch Guards stay where they are installed.
- Switch Guards fit both porcelain and polymer cut-outs
- All Reliaguard products are made from Reliatanium, a proprietary material designed by Reliaguard’s chemical engineering founders.
- Reliatanium achieves a V-0 flammability classification, the highest rating for the UL 94 test standard and has a 15+ year lifespan.
Ease of installation
Power linemen like our products because:
- Reliaguard® Fused Disconnect Switch Guards are designed to stay in place. Retention of the cover once applied is a critical design feature to be considered
- Guards can accommodate various conductor diameters
- Fits a wide range of porcelain and polymer switches
Reliaguard Switch Guards are made in hot-stickable versions
Fits the following equipment manufacturers’ products:
- Peak Demand
- Small porcelain cutouts
- Concrete polymer cutouts
Designed to prevent wildlife caused outages, these guards are tested for application on equipment up to 38kV.
|Product Name||Part Number||Height Dimension *||Diameter Dimension *||Additional Dimension *||Min Order Quantity|
|Switch Guard - Short Hood||CO-10005||6.65 (169)||4.5 (114.3)||2.3 (58.4)base port||12|
*Dimensions in inches (millimeters)