MULTIPORT LIGHTNING ARRESTER GUARDS (LA -13002)
The guard that is typically included with new arresters often doesn’t provide enough coverage to fully protect the wire connections or properly overlap the stripped section of a poly-covered conductor at the connection point. Lightning arrester protection should consider the higher the voltage the further the coverage needs to extend – Reliaguard Multiport Lightning Arrester Guards meet this requirement. Reliaguard Pipe Bus Guards protect endangered species, birds, squirrels, raccoons, snakes, feral cats and other wildlife from contact with energized risk points.
Better by Design
- Based on the 100 years of collective knowledge from the Reliaguard linemen who specialize in wildlife mitigation, designs consider all risk points. A team of CAD designers support our linemen to incorporate features unique to only Reliaguard Bushing Guards.
- Lightning arrester guards are designed to deliver better coverage of the wire connection and properly overlap conductors at the connection point
- All Reliaguard products are made from Reliatanium, a proprietary material designed by Reliaguard’s chemical engineering founders.
- Reliatanium achieves a V-0 flammability classification, the highest rating for the UL 94 test standard and has a 15+ year lifespan.
Ease of installation
Power linemen like our products because:
- Reliaguard® Lightning Arrester Guards are designed to stay in place. Retention of the cover once applied is a critical design feature to be considered.
- Guards have 3 ports and can accommodate conductors exiting at various angles
- Fits a wide range of lightning arresters
Fits the following equipment manufacturers’ products:
- UltraSIL UHS HD
- Maclean Joslyn ZHP010
- Fits most overhead distribution voltage lightning arresters
Designed to prevent wildlife caused outages, these guards are tested for application on equipment up to 38kV.
|Product Name||Part Number||Height Dimension*||Diameter Dimension*||Additional Dimension*||Min Order Quantity|
|Lightning Arrester-Multi Port||LA-13002||4.75 (120.6)||5 (127)||2.3 (58.4)base port||12|
*Dimensions in inches (millimeters)