PIPE BUS GUARDS (BB 20045–R; BB25045-R; BB-40045-R; BB45045-R)
Bus coverage may be required when tight clearances create a greater risk for bird and animal contact. Whether phase to phase or phase to ground contact risk exists, protection is frequently needed. Reliaguard Pipe Bus Guards protect endangered species, birds, squirrels, raccoons, snakes, feral cats and other wildlife from contact with energized risk points.
Better by Design
- Based on the 100 years of collective knowledge of the Reliaguard linemen who specialize in wildlife mitigation, designs consider all risk points. A team of CAD designers support our linemen to incorporate features unique to only Reliaguard Pipe Bus Guards.
- Pipe Bus Guards are designed to couple together allowing for any length of application.
- All Reliaguard products are made from Reliatanium, a proprietary material designed by Reliaguard’s chemical engineering founders.
- Reliatanium achieves a V-0 flammability classification, the highest rating for the UL 94 test standard and has a 15+ year lifespan.
Ease of installation
Substation technicians like our products because:
- Pipe Bus Guards are available in multiple lengths and dimensions
- Guards are clamshell design for easy opening by hand
- Easy coupling of mated connections
- Push through pins are provided to easily install the Pipe Bus Guards by hand
- Retention of the guard once applied is a critical design feature to be considered.
Fits the following equipment manufacturers’ products:
- Designed for all types of Pipe Bus Manufacturers equipment
Designed to prevent wildlife caused outages, these guards are tested for application on equipment up to 38kV.
|Product Name||Part Number||Diameter*||Length*||Pack Size (MOQ)|
|Pipe Bus Cover – 2”||BB-20045-R||2.00 (50.8)||45.00 (1143)||6|
|Pipe Bus Cover – 2.5”||BB-25045-R||2.50 (63.5)||45.00 (1143)||6|
|Pipe Bus Cover – 4”||BB-40045-R||4.00 (101.6)||45.00 (1143)||6|
|Pipe Bus Cover – 4.5”||BB-45045-R||4.50 (114.3)||45.00 (1143)||6|