PROTECTION DISC GUARD(PD-0401SF)
Reliaguard Protection Disk is a barrier used to isolate climing animals thus preventing them from making a phase to ground contact. Protection disks are typically used on poles. Protection Disc Guards protect tree frogs, squirrels, raccoons, snakes, other wildlife from contact with energized risk points. The contact risk points are typically from a phase to ground contact.
Better by Design
- Based on the 100 years of collective knowledge of the Reliaguard linemen who specialize in wildlife mitigation, designs consider all risk points. A team of CAD designers support our linemen to incorporate features unique to only Protection Disc Guards.
- Protection Disc Guards are designed as a two-piece barrier. The one size fits all design is adjustable to the interior flight diameter of most insulators.
- All Reliaguard products are made from Reliatanium, a proprietary material designed by Reliaguard’s chemical engineering founders.
- Reliatanium achieves a V-0 flammability classification, the highest rating for the UL 94 test standard and has a 15+ year lifespan.
Ease of installation
Power linemen like our products because:
- Reliaguard® Protection Discs are designed to stay in place. Retention of the cover once applied is a critical design feature to be considered.
- Protection discs are a 2-piece adjustable size product
- Easy to install, the Protection Disc is supplied with push through pins to secure the disc for the required diameter of the center opening
- Fits a wide range of insulators
Fits the following equipment manufacturers’ products:
- Fits insulators ranging from 0.25″ to 5.25″
Designed to prevent wildlife caused outages, these guards are tested for application on equipment up to 38kV.
|Product Name||Part Number||Height Dimension*||Diameter Dimension*||Additional Dimension*||Min Order Quantity|
|Protection Disc||PD- 04015F||15.0 (381)||2.50 (63.5)||4.00 (101.6)||12|
*Dimensions in inches (millimeters)