GreyEEL Conductor Cover
GREYEEL CONDUCTOR COVER and EEL SLIDER*
Protecting conductors is essential when applying effective cover-up to prevent animal and bird caused outages. Reliaguard strongly recommends the use of conductor cover with all animal guards. The extended coverage achieved with conductor cover can prevent a phase to phase or phase to ground contact from occurring. Consider for instance how easily a bird’s wingspan or the reach of a squirrel or raccoon can bridge the difference in potential on unprotected equipment.
The EEL Slider™* will be a welcome addition to the tool belt of all power linemen tasked with the job of applying conductor cover. Typically, conductor cover requires that the seam be split by hand which can be difficult when wearing the required protective gloves. The EEL Slider* easily opens the seam and slides the GreyEEL into place.
GreyEEL is Better by Design
- Based on the 100 years of collective knowledge of the Reliaguard linemen who specialize in wildlife mitigation, designs consider all risk points.
- Reliaguard’s GreyEEL Conductor Cover helps prevent contacts by eliminating gaps in coverage.
- The product’s improved protection is achieved with a significantly overlapped seam design and material memory technology that supports exceptional closure performance.
- GreyEEL is a silicone rubber tubing that is highly flexible and makes application easy
- GreyEEL will not burn or drip
- GreyEEL does not require further derating of conductors as it has been proven to aid in dissipating heat from cables rather than trapping it once applied.
- The EEL Slider* is made from a dielectric material
Ease of installation
- Reliaguard has developed the revolutionary EEL Slider* tool to apply GreyEEL.
- The EEL Slider* is designed for use with the rubber glove work method or for de-energized installation.
- The difficulty of applying conductor cover by hand is eliminated with the EEL Slider*.
- Ergonomically designed and easy to use, the EEL Slider* optimizes safety, dexterity and the speed of applying GreyEEL.
GreyEEL Material Properties
|Material||Color||Specific Gravity||Durometer||Tensile, PSI||Elongation %||Electrical RatingPhase to Ground|
|Silicone||Grey||1.65||55 to 75||640||220||20 kV|
GreyEEL Conductor Cover
|Part Number||Wire / Conductor Type||Conductor Size Range||Max Wire OD (Inches)||Length Per Box|
|EEL-02503750-50-Y||4, 3, 2,1, 1/0||0.200” – 0.370”||3/8||50 ft(15.24 m)|
|EEL-03750500-50-Y||2/0, 3/0, 4/0||0.375” – 0.495”||1/2||50 ft(15.24 m)|
|EEL-05000750-50-Y||266.88, 336.4, 397.5||0.500” – 0.745”||3/4||50 ft(15.24 m)|
|EEL-07501000-50-Y||447, 556.5, 636, 605, 715.5, 900, 666.6||0.750” – 1.000”||1||50 ft(15.24 m)|
|EEL-10001250-50-Y||795, 954, 1033.5, 1113, 1192.5||1.005” – 1.295”||1 1/4||50 ft(15.24 m)|
|EEL-12501500-50-Y||1272, 1351.5, 1431, 1590||1.300” – 1.450”||1 1/2||50 ft(15.24 m)|
|EEL-15001750-25-Y||1780, 2156, 2167||1.500” – 1.750”||1 3/4||25 ft(7.62 m)|
|EEL-17502000-25-Y||2312, 2515||1.800” – 2.000”||2||25 ft(7.62 m)|
|EEL-2500BUSP-06-Y||GreyEEL Bus Cover – 2.5” bus Round||2” – 2.5”||2.5||24ft (4 pcs)|
|EEL-3500BUSP-06-Y||GreyEEL Bus Cover -3.5” bus Round||2.5” – 3.5”||3.5||24ft (4 pcs)|
|EEL-4500BUSP-06-Y||GreyEEL Bus Cover -4.5” bus Round||3.5” – 4.5”||4.5||18ft (3 pcs)|
GreyEEL Conductor Cover Bus Pipe
|Description||Part Number||Pack Size|
|2.5″ Conductor Cover Bus Pipe||EEL-2500BUSP-06-Y||24ft (4pcs)|
|3.5″ Conductor Cover Bus Pipe||EEL-3500BUSP-06-Y||24ft (4pcs)|
|4.5″ Conductor Cover Bus Pipe||EEL-4500BUSP-06-Y||18ft (3pcs)|
Proper Installation of Conductor Cover
Applied the correct distance beyond the last perch point
Conductor cover not extended far enough